Friday 31 January 2014

January 2014 Favourites!




Starting off with a typical cliche here, but I can't believe January is already over! I would say Christmas only feels like yesterday, but i'd disagree with that completely, Christmas feels like an eternity ago! I don't normally feel like that in January, but I have this time round.
Anyway, onto the things i've been loving this month.

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream - (review)
 
I bought this when this first came out when the whole BB Cream craze was going on a year or so ago. It's been in my make-up stash for a while now and i've almost finished it up, so I thought i'd try using it more this month and i've really enjoyed it. Previously I just kept it for around the summer time when I wanted a lighter base but thinking on that thought now is just silly. It does have a very light coverage but it gives a nice glowy look for these dull winter months.
 
 
Mac Creme Cup Lipstick - (review)
 
Again, another product i've almost finished, and also one of the first Mac lipsticks I ever purchased. It's a lovely shade of baby pink but I think it is a tad too pale for my complexion. A great creamy formula and lasts a good amount of time on the lips. And even though I think the colour doesn't completely suit me, nevertheless i'm determined to finish it and have thus used it a lot this month.
 

No7 Stay Perfect 'Glace' Lipstick (review)

In all honesty I completely forgot I had this lipstick, and when I found it again I thought i'd get some use of it and actually wear it. Great colour for this time of year aswell.


Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain 'Crush'

I finally got my hands on this lipstain near the end of 2013, and as we've only got a couple of months left of Winter I wanted to get my use out of it, as I only like to wear berry colours in the autumn and winter months. I just love these balm stains by Revlon, they last ages on the lips! And the minty smell is just divine. Thumbs up from me.

 
Chanel Mascara (review).
 
I got a sample of this after my neighbour gave it to me (she works for Chanel and sometimes gives us samples when we go and see her). It's actually a really nice mascara! Separates the lashes well and volumises them, I still would never pay £24 for a mascara though. But i've enjoyed using this very cute little sample this month.
 
 
Barry M 'Silver Lights' nail paint (Boots Limited Edition) - (review).
 
I wore this nail varnish at the very beginning of the month, it lasted ages on my nails. It was on there for about a week without chipping. Such a gorgeous holographic silver glitter! And actually the only silver related glitter I own and I won't be getting anymore, this does the job perfectly!
 
 
Avon - Little Red Dress Body Spray - (review).
 
I was given this for Christmas and if i'm honest I didn't think much of it. These kind of aerosole body sprays are never my favourite but I actually really like the scent and i've been using it instead of perfume this month.
 
 
Random Favourites: TV Show - Sherlock (Series 3)
 
 
I was so excited to see this show back after a two year absence! Really two years is such a long time, I really hope we don't have to wait another two years to see the next series. Even though there are only three episodes per series, they are 90 minutes long which is almost like a film, so I guess it's okay. We'd all love to see more but as the old saying goes it's quality rather than quantity.They really are incredible episodes and if you haven't checked out this show I really suggest that you do.

 
Music Favourite - December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night) by Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons

I bet a lot of you, especially if there are any teenagers reading, will never have heard of this song. If i'm honest I don't think i'd heard of it either, that was until the second episode of Sherlock (do you sense a theme developing here haha). Since hearing it at the end of the episode it's been stuck in my head and it's been the go to song i've been listening to on my iTunes :) Such a very old school song, but I love songs like that!


What were your January favourites?


Love
Amy
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment