Wednesday 8 January 2014

Maybelline Dream Touch Blush

 
Maybelline Dream Touch Blush - £6.49
 
These Maybelline Dream Touch blushes are one of the most underated blushes on the highstreet/drugstore. You never hear anyone ever talk about them and I don't really know why, I think they are pretty good. Some people get them mixed up between the Maybelline Dream Bouncy blushes, which were a disaster for the most part it would seem, so I can see why these may not get the attention they may deserve it some people think they are the same thing as the Bouncy blushes. But i'm here to tell you they are not the same at all.
 
When I was first getting into make-up and I had no idea what products were good and what were deemed as terrible, I just picked them up probably on a 3 for 2 offer and when I just wanted to get some blush to try. The fact it was cream excited me too as I had never tried cream blushes before.
 
 
First of all I love the packaging of these blushes, in lovely little glass jars. It's a bit bigger than their very popular Maybelline Colour Tattoos. And as you can see i've used the products a lot and i'm just waiting for the day to hit the bottom of the jars.
 
The two colours I have is Peach and Berry, they also come in Apricot and Plum but I don't have either of those. Apricot comes out much too light for my skin, and I don't see much of a difference between the Berry and Plum, so I don't see the need to purchase it.
 
I admit the colour selection of these blushes isn't the best, a nice bright pink would be lovely. The consistency of these is very creamy, it's almost liquid to the touch it's not like a mousse or anything very thick. It's a foolproof product in that it is very easy to apply and you can't go overboard on it that easily. They are pretty well pigmented but because they are such a thin formula it takes a while to build it up on the cheeks, the swatches below took a couple of layers to achieve that strength of colour.
 
They last pretty long on the cheeks too, i'd say at least 6 hours or maybe more. And if I want a quick and easy blush to put on then I opt for the Berry one in the autumn/winter and the peach one in the spring/summer.
 
I prefer to apply these with my fingers, and also because I have yet to find a decent enough brush that is small enough to fit in the little jars. You also have more control of the product if you use your fingers to dot it on where you want on your cheeks and then you can blend them in with a brush.
 
 
I can see why these may be overlooked by a lot of beauty lovers because of the poor colour selection, however apart from that I think they are pretty decent. They are a pure cream blush, unlike the normal cream to powder formulas which are very common these days.
 
These would be great for anyone with dry skin or new to the whole make-up scene I think.
 
If you fancy trying these out for yourself, they are avaliable
 for £6.49
(here).
 
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own, products bought myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment