Sunday 19 January 2014

Tangle Teezer - Original



 Tangle Teezer - £10.20
 
I don't know how long the Tangle Teezer has been avaliable in the market to buy, but I remember hearing about them a few years ago so I know I am very late to the party on this one. I've never thought much about the hairbrush that I use, growing up and even until last year I just grabbed any old hair brush and didn't put much thought into it. Now I cannot imagine my life without this little beauty!
 
 
 To anyone new to the whole Tangle Teezer phenomenon, they are the world's best selling detangling hairbrush, with special patented teeth to really help detangle your hair that is all knotty and cobby (by the way does anyone else say their hair is cobby when it gets knots in it? might be a regional thing)...but back to the point, it is simply genius!
 
I've got very thick, frizzy hair that is curly (thanks mum! haha), so as a child and still now as an adult it is a nightmare to manage, especially when it comes to drying my hair after it's been washed. My best friend of 20 years, who is my hairdresser now too, always complains how unmanagable my hair is after she's washed it when she comes to do my highlights. So for my birthday in September of last year she got me this and it's honestly changed the way I think about my haircare and how much easier it is.



 
 The teeth of the hairbrush just allow it to glide through your hair, it gets rid of the knots in seconds and it doesn't hurt at all. Who else used to tug at their hair with the hairbrush and it hurt a lot? *raises hand* yep that would be me, but now I no longer have this problem thanks to the Tangle Teezer.

I have to warn you though that the plastic looking teeth of the hairbrush do start to bend after a while, i've had this about 5 months now and it's started to do that. It doesn't affect the hairbrush use at all, still feels and works the same as it did when I first used it. I suppose it's just cosmetic and after a period of time it will start to disintergrate, but for now it works perfectly fine and I don't need to go out and buy another one. And when that day eventually comes I will definitely go out and buy another one without thinking about it, I cannot live without this hairbrush now, nothing is as good.
  
My friend did comment on the fact this would be better with a handle as it would be easier to use, but I find it works fine like this as it is designed to fit into the contours of your hand for easy use, and also she said that using it with wet hands can be tricky as it can slip out of your hands as it is made of plastic, and that it could do with a rubber type material on the back for easier grip. I think this might be a good idea, and I think that is what they have done for the one specifically designed for use in the shower for example. But for this one which is designed to use as a general hairbrush, then it works perfectly as it is. But just some points to note there.
 



 

I have the Original colour Tangle Teezer in the pink and purple which I really like, but it comes in other colours and also now in more compact designs for maybe travelling or putting in your bag.
 
 
If you want to try out the Tangle Teezer for yourself, then it is avaliable
for £10.28
here

 
Any questions/comments please leave below.
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own,
product gifted to be as a birthday present.

No comments:

Post a Comment