Sunday 12 January 2014

LUSH Butterball Bath Bomb

 
LUSH Butterball Bath Bomb - £2.50
 
This bath bomb changed my entire outlook when it came to bath products and just having a bath in general. A bold statement to make but true nonetheless. This is the Butterball Bath Bomb from LUSH and the reason it changed my opinion on baths are are as follows.
 
I remember walking into LUSH with my sister who was after some bath stuff many a moon ago, and the lovely sales assistant was talking to us about the products as they usually do. As she was helping my sister pick out some things she asked me what I would like, and I explained to her how I wasn't so keen on baths because of my eczema issues and wasn't sure if I was even able to have a bath at all without my eczema flaring up.
 
She was so sweet bless her and talked to me for ages about how other people come into LUSH with similar problems and what products would be good for me, this sales assistant was also the one who told me about Ultrabland and has since changed my life when it comes to skincare, so big thumbs up to her! But as we were by the bath bombs she led us over to this bath bomb and she was saying how this is probably one of the best bath bombs they do for sensitive and eczema prone skin like myself, as it is very moisturising and has very gentle ingredients that will keep you moisturised even after getting out of the bath.
 
So I decided to get this one and tried it out, and as I said at the beginning, it changed how I felt about taking baths.
 

 
It may not be much to look at, let's face it it's not the most exciting of all the bath bombs, it doesn't have a bright colour or have different patterns on it etc, it is a simple small white bath bomb. The sales assistant said it's a very much overlooked product as people are more drawn to the colourful ones rather than the little plain white one sitting in the corner. I can totally relate to that as I had never noticed this one before myself.
 
When you use this bath bomb it doesn't create amazing colours in the water either, it makes it look slightly milky colour to begin with but in a matter of ten minutes or so it has gone and it just looks like you're bathing in warm water. But that doesn't bother me in the slightest.
 
It smells like vanilla which is one of its main ingredients along with cocoa butter and a musk scent. It smells so lovely and it's such a simple scent and not overly fragranced which is good for sensitive skin and eczema sufferers like myself. The cocoa butter is the main selling point of this bath bomb for me as, unlike other bath bombs which I think just make your bath smell nice and don't actually make any noticeable difference to your skin, this one certainly does. It forms like a residue on your skin and moisturises your skin whilst your in the bath and when you get out your skin feels so moisturised, it's amazing! You definitely do not need to put any kind of moisturiser or body lotion/butter on your skin after having a bath using this bath bomb, it does it all for you. So if you're lazy when it comes to that step of your skin routine then this would be handy for you to bathe in.
 
I don't mind that this bath bomb doesn't look as appealing as all the others, I just love the fact it actually has some benefit to my skin and also that it is one of the cheaper bath bombs as it is quite small. I only managed to get one use out of this bath bomb unlike the others I can normally get two uses out of them.
 
If you like your LUSH bath bombs and haven't tried this one yet then I really urge you to. If I went into LUSH at any time of the year looking for a bath bomb this would be one of the ones I would more than likely pick up without a doubt.
 
Retails for £2.50
 
If you have any questions/comments please leave below.
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own,
product given to me in a giftset for Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment