Thursday 2 January 2014

Yankee Candle Gingerbread Illuma-Lid

 
Yankee Candle Gingerbread Illuma-Lid - £5.95
 
If you're a Yankee Candle fan, you may know what an Illuma-Lid is, but if you are new to the brand or just candles in general, or if you are just reading this thinking
"What the heck is an illuma lid?"
Well i'll tell you.
 
An Illuma-Lid is an accessory you put on the top of your Medium or Large jar Yankee Candles (or maybe other candles, i've never tried it on other ones). I must also stress these do not fit on their Small Jar Candles! This Illuma-Lid is specifically designed by Yankee Candle, and I don't even know if other brands of candles make anything like this.
 
The point of the Illuma-Lids are not just for decoration, they hold a purpose. They help the candle burn more evenly and cleaner as it holds the heat and stops it from escaping completely. So your candle will burn across evenly to the edges and more quickly too, i've found.
 
 
This is not the only Illuma-Lid that I have, I have the bronze leaves one and I think that is very pretty but it is not a patch on this design. It's got Gingerbread on it! (Which you know I love!). And all the sweet cakes and Christmas themed things and the almost icing sugar look to it, it's just too beautiful to leave in a shop, it needed to come home with me. I bought this and got my mum to wrap it up for me for Christmas this year actually, so i've been waiting for weeks to use it and now I can!
 
 
As you can see this is how it fits on top of my large jar, and I just love it. Beware that when burning your candle, after a while this Illuma-Lid will get very hot! But then again you might have predicted that yourselves.
 
I think these Illuma-Lids are very clever little accessories that every Yankee Candle fan should have for their candles, and they are reasonably priced too which is amazing considering the design and everything that went in to making it, it's gorgeous!
 
This is the last festive related Yankee Candle product that i'll be showing you, just needed to sneak this in now as I couldn't really blog about this in a few months, it would just be strange to be talking about gingerbread and Christmas in the Spring.
 
I bought this at an outlet near me, but i've found this illuma-lid online
for £5.95


Any questions/comments please leave below.
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own, product bought myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment