Friday 10 January 2014

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream

 

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream - £7.99
  
I remember back a year or so ago, may well be two years by now, when the whole BB cream craze kicked off big time. It started off with Garnier and then it just kept growing and growing and it seemed like most brands were bringing out their own versions of BB cream.
 
The craze seems to have died down a bit now and you don't tend to hear much about them, but I still think the actual concept of the BB cream is a great one. But normally only for the summer as they are a lighter coverage compared to most foundations and it just feels nicer on the skin to use a product that works similar to a foundation, but technically isn't one.
 
For anyone new to the whole BB Cream scene, they are basically a form of tinted moisturiser. They are like a very thin foundation, if you want high coverage then steer well clear of BB creams as they aren't designed for that purpose. They are light, fresh and if you forget to put moisturiser on in the mornings before your make-up this will work better than a normal foundation in keeping your skin feeling and looking more glowy.
 
 
When trying to decide which BB cream to use way back when, I went for the Maybelline one as the reviews seemed pretty decent and at the time I was loving Maybelline foundations so I thought i'd try it out. I got the colour 'light' which you may think from the photo looks too dark to be light, but when you blend it in it is a pretty decent colour match for me.
 
This BB cream also comes in the colours Medium and Universal Glow, now i'm not exactly sure what Universal Glow means but for the purpose of this post its not an issue.
 

 
Maybelline claim this is an 8 in 1 product, which is an appealing thought, and for the first time in a long time I would have to agree it pretty much does all 8 things that it claims to do which are:
 
Creates a natural glow, compliments skin tone, provides SPF30 UV protection, Blurs Imperfections, Is Oil-Free and Non-Greasy, Feels Fresh and Hydrates all Day.
 
The only thing I would stress is the the UV protection does not work all day, like if you wore this on a very hot and sunny day and were out in the sun all day and you didn't put proper sun protection on underneath this then you will get burnt. But for a short time it works well i've found. Also for me it compliments my skin tone but for darker skin tones this won't with the limited colour range that Maybelline have provided. Other than that it is spot on.
 
 
 
It provides a light coverage and I find it lasts pretty much 7 or 8 hours or so, potentially even more. Anyone with dry or very dry skin would benefit from this completely, but Maybelline have also recently brought out one designed for oilier skins, so if that's you then i'd go for that one over this one.
 
It's such an easy product to apply, I tend to use my fingers to apply this but I have found recently when i've been using it this month in January I tried applying it with a brush and I found it blended very well and even lasted a bit longer on my skin than normal. Maybe because i've worked it into my skin a lot more that makes it last longer, I don't know.
 
I like to wear this BB Cream in the summer months, when I want a light coverage on my face. I don't want a bucket load of make-up on in the summer time, it just feels too much. But using this it is perfect. I'm very happy with this BB Cream, hence why I haven't gone out and purchased any other BB Cream from any other brand. So i'd definitely consider buying this again when this one runs out.
 
 
If you'd like to try this BB Cream for yourself it is avaliable
for £7.99
 
 
Any questions/comments please leave below.
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own, product bought myself.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment