Saturday 21 June 2014

Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream



The whole BB and CC cream craze seems to have died down ever so slightly in the beauty world, either that or just people aren't talking about new ones that are being released or perhaps people are just bored of the whole thing. I am a bit too if i'm honest, when every brand starts to jump on the bandwagon it just gets a bit tedious.
 
Having said that I still love the idea of these type of base products that provide light coverage, they are perfect for this time of year when it's warmer outside and you don't want to be caked in a heavy coverage foundation. After all our skin could all do with that extra vitamin D that we definitely lack here in the UK for almost all of the year, so when the sun does come it's a light coverage base product all the way!
 
Now if any of you have been keeping up to date with my blog, you'll know how bad my eczema has been in the past 6 weeks or so. Thankfully I am now coming out of the other side of the flare up, but during that period I was miserable, and so too was my skin. And when getting a consultation at Clinique (the lovely sales lady helped me a great deal in getting some cream for my very eczema flared up eyes, which I am very grateful for) I spotted the Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream, down to the price of £20.00 which is £8.00 cheaper than normal, so I snapped it up as I had been thinking about trying it and i'm so very glad I did.
 
The thing about CC creams is that they are Colour Correctors, hence the CC name. And as I do suffer with redness where my eczema is on my face and as I need hydrating products for my skin, the sales lady said it would be perfect for me and I feel like it really is perfect.
 
It is like a tinted moisturiser, very hydrating on my dry skin and it hasn't settled in any dry areas after I apply it with my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. And it does a great job at getting rid of the redness on my face and my skin just looks and feels better. I have the shade Light, the sales assistant did a colour match for me and their lightest colour Very Light was too light for me so I have the next one up. It's a perfect match for me.
 
I even love the packaging, in a squeeze tube so I will be able to get every last bit of product out of this when I get to the end. It also just looks high end and with it being nice and slim it would be great to put in your makeup bag or to take on your travels.
 
This has been my go to foundation/base since I got it at the end of May/very beginning of June and I know I will be using it all summer long, and longer. Especially as this has an SPF of 30 which is brilliant for this time of year, not good for taking photographs because of the flash back the SPF would cause but that's really not an issue. This lasted a good 8 hours on my skin and it is one of the longest lasting base product that I own, so i'm very pleased.
 
I am so head over heels in love with this CC cream, and if you suffer with dry skin and have some discolouration issues then this would be perfect. I would suggest getting a colour match with one of the sales people first as you don't want to be getting the wrong shade, especially as this comes in at £28.00 which is on the expensive side. That is my one and only negative about this product, but if I get it when there is an offer on I am content with that as I just love this too much not to have it in my stash.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
 
 
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own, product bought myself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment