Thursday 12 June 2014

Nars Cactus Flower Blush

 


Nars Cactus Flower Blush - £21.50
 
 This blush is one that I don't very often hear about in the blogging and youtuber world, and if you first see this blush in the pan you would understand why some people might go to a Nars counter, look at this blush and think 'Oh that's way too bright for me!' and walk off. If i'm honest I would have done just that if I had seen this in person myself.
 
Always one for risk taking, and having seen it featured in a few videos and saw some on some blogs I went ahead and bought this after wanting it for over a year. The reason for me finally purchasing it was because I heard a somewhere that this blush had been discontinued by Nars. Every time I went to their counter near me it was never there, not even an empty space where it should have been if it were sold out. It was never in stock on ASOS and so I just gave up on wanting this and forgot about it. That was until ASOS had a 24hour flash sale the other week and I was browsing Nars and checked their cream blushes and low and behold Cactus Flower was in stock! I needed no persuasion in instantly getting it, and with a very good discount and free delivery, I was over the moon.
 
Cactus Flower is described as a poppy pink, which is a spot on colour description in my opinion. It looks very red in colour but with a pink tinge and gold shimmer and very minute gold glitter, which does not transfer onto the cheeks from what i've seen. It is a cream to powder formula, which isn't my favourite really but I will forgive it as the colour is just too gorgeous.
 
It's not too strongly pigmented which is good for a colour this bright. I applied it lightly onto my cheeks with my fingers, but also the Real Techniques Stippling Brush would be a great tool to apply this with, also. It gives the perfect 'just come out of playing in the snow' flush to your cheeks, and it doesn't make you look ridiculously red like sunburn or clown cheeks, which is never a good look.
 
Granted the £21.50 price tag is very expensive for a blush, but Nars blushes are fantastic quality and I just love them and they are a real treat purchase. I don't know what other Nars blushes take my fancy at the moment, but i'm very happy with the ones I already own.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
 
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own, product bought myself 


No comments:

Post a Comment