Saturday 7 June 2014

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer

 



Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer - £5.49
  
In recent weeks i've become a bit of a concealer junkie, i'm wanting to try out so many new ones and i've now got a wishlist as long as my arm as to ones that I think will suit my under eye area.
 
When looking for a concealer I look for ones that will be good for my under eyes, as i've found my holy grail for any blemishes which is the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, so for me if it ain't broke don't fix it as they say. So whilst the hunt for the perfect blemish covering concealer is now closed for me, the hunt for my perfect under eye concealer is well and truly on.

I've heard a lot about the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer so I thought i'd give this a go. First of all I like the packaging and the orange lid is nice and bright to find in your makeup stash. Secondly the other thing to note is this concealer has a doefoot applicator, which I like a lot. Sometimes the problem wirh the brush applicator ones is that the product can collect on the brush and that either wastes some of the product or sometimes the brush can get all splayed and just not nice. I much prefer this type of applicator, or one with a squeezy tube and you can just squeeze the product out yourself onto your finger.
 
When it comes to the actual formula of this concealer, I find it quite creamy but for my dry under eyes it just dried down horrendously, it creased and just made my under eyes look like alligator skin. Any fine lines or dry patches showed up straight away. I think if you have very dry or just dry skin, and dry under eyes then steer clear of this. However if your skin under your eyes is in good condition, or if you have oily skin then this would be great. I used this concealer on areas of my faces with little marks or discolouration and it covered them well, easily a good full coverage as this claims to be.
 
I also think I got a shade that was a tad too dark and orange for me, so next time I would need to get Ivory which is the lightest shade they do. This concealer comes in four shades, which isn't enough really but this kind of range is the norm for drugstore/high street concealers, sadly.

I don't think i'll repurchase this concealer all being said, as it just doesn't fit the purpose of concealing my under eyes effectively enough for me.
 
 
 
 
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
 

 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own, product bought myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment