Sunday 18 May 2014

Essie Allure Nail Polish

Essie 'Allure' Nail Polish - £7.99

It's not often I get excited about a nail polish, you know me nail polish isn't my favourite beauty item, but for someone who isn't that keen on them, I own quite a few. This Essie nail polish being a very new edition to my collection.
 
This is my first ever Essie nail polish, I have restrained myself from buying any due to the £7.99 price tag which is a tad on the expensive side for a nail polish I think. However I do love the Essie bottles, the packaging is just so sleek and clean looking and just perfect really. They are a very much talked about nail polish brand and I have been wanting to try one for so long, and so I finally caved and went for 'Allure' as my first Essie nail polish colour.
 
 I have to blame my little sister for this purchase, as she bought this and she painted my nails in it one day and I instantly fell in love with the colour. It's a very sheer milky white colour, perfect for people who don't want to make a huge fuss with their nails. Sometimes the simple basic almost 'your nails but better' (yeah I went there) kind of colour is just the ticket.

 
For anyone who doesn't like wearing bright colours on their nails, and also for people who have short nails like myself, then Essie 'Allure' is a great choice. I particularly think brides to be would love this colour. Talking of which, I read that the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton herself wore this very nail polish on her wedding day to Prince William, so if it's a hit with royalty then it's got to be worth trying, right? I must say Kate has very good taste, and for any formal occassion I would definitely choose to wear this colour over any other nail polishes that I own.
 
Overall I was impressed with my first Essie nail polish, the brush was very good. It was wide enough, which is sometimes my issue with some nail polishes (Barry M i'm looking at your here!) and the formula was great. The colour pay off was good for the sheerness of this particular colour, and the picture above is just one coat. And it lasted about 5 days on my nails which is pretty good going.
 

Also, I wanted to quickly wanted to add something, as you may be wondering why I have just put a picture of the bottom of the bottle on this post. Well the reason behind that is, if you want to see how opaque/sheer a light colour will be, then take a look underneath and sometimes you will see the little ball bearings at the bottom (that help to slow down the process of the nail polish going thick and gloopy over time, i'm lead to believe). And the more you can see the ball bearings the more sheer the colour of the nail polish is. Some nail polish brands don't have these ball bearings in them, for the most part they don't, but in the case of Essie nail polishes they do and it is very helpful when trying to decide which colour you want.

 
All in all, I'm impressed with Essie and see what all the fuss is about, and I want to pick up some more colours in the future.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
 
 
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own, product bought myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment