Friday 27 December 2013

Yankee Candle Sweet Shop Gift Set

 
 
You know when you're Yankee Candle obsession is reaching new heights, when you're checking a week in advance for Yankee Candle shows on QVC. Yes I hold my hands up, i'm a mad candle lady! I'm a Yankee fan, all the way and as I was tuning in to watch one of their shows I saw they were doing this giftset and I instantly fell in love. The only problem was that it came with another gift set called Christmas Memories, and it contained a lot of (well you guessed it) Christmas fragranced candles, with scents like pine and cinnamon which don't appeal to me at all so I really didn't want that gift set. And I wasn't willing to pay the £30 odd pounds for only one box really, so I watched in envy and eventually forgot about it.
 
Then about a month later these boxes appeared online and in my local Yankee Candle shop, and the best news of all I could buy them separately! So I rushed out and bought the Sweet Shop Gift Set and here it is in all it's gingerbread house looking glory.
 
It is one of the most beautiful gift sets i've ever seen of any product, let alone candle products. Just look at it! I don't even want to use them, I just want to keep staring it. But the scents are too good not to use.
 
As you can see by the first two pictures, this set contains 12 different votives/samplers. 6 on one side and six on the other. Another appealing factor to this gift set is that it contains two US exclusive fragrances which you cannot get over here in the UK, which are Whoopie Pie and Gingerbread. I was very excited for these two in particular, but also to get my hands on some old favourites which have recently been discontinued :(
 
Now i'll go into all the scents individually.
 
 
The first side contains:
 
Salted Caramel - It does indeed smell like caramel, a very rich caramel scent. I'm a little wary of burning this one as it's one of the strongest but i'll certainly give it a go.
 
Cranberry Ice - I was given a Cranberry Ice votive for Christmas last year and I liked it, it's a lovely cranberry scent with a hint of fresh coolness to it.
 
Whoopie Pie - I've never even heard, seen or smelt a Whoopie Pie before but from the picture alone I want to try one. And this one is a straight up chocolate scent, yum!
 
 
Also on this side contains:
 
Sugared Apple - I bought tealights of this scent for my best friend for Christmas, and I wish i'd picked some up for myself at the time. I'm glad I have this for myself, it's a fresh, cool and sweet gorgeous apple scent. Lovely!
 
Snowflake Cookie - More of a sweet cookie smell, compared to the other cookie scent we will come on to in a bit. One of the newer scents for this year and i'm eager to try it.
 
Cherries on Snow - Oh my goodness! One of my favourite ever Yankee scents, gorgeous fresh cherry smell. It's recently been discontinued (why oh why?!) and i'm so glad to have a back up of this scent. One of the main reasons I wanted to get this set, just for this scent.
 
 
 
The other side contains:
 
Red Velvet - Everyone loves this scent, and i've yet to try it but it's a cakey sort of scent and actually very nice! Looking forward to trying it.
 
Christmas Cookie - My favourite Christmas scent, also recently been discontinued. Very happy to have another one of these to burn. A gorgeous vanilla cookie scent.
 
Honey and Spice - For someone who doesn't like spicy scents, this is my only exception. You can smell more honey and sugar and even a hint of cocoa. A sumptuous gorgeous grown up evening scent I think. One of my favourite all time scents.
 
 
The final three are:
 
Merry Marshmallow - Such a cute picture on the front isn't it? This one as you'd expect, by sweet marshmallows. It's a new scent for this year too.
 
Gingerbread - This smells just like gingerbread. I must admit this is a very strong scent and it's a bit too much for my liking. But if you like Gingerbread scents or strong scents you would adore this!
 
Strawberry Buttercream - One of the weaker scented candles in this set, it does have a nice creamy strawberry smell but it's not as strong as I would like. Still lovely though and fits in well in this set.
 
 
I bought this set for myself a few weeks before Christmas and gave it to my mum to wrap up and give it to me for Christmas, and as Christmas has been and gone now I can finally start using this gift set. I cannot wait!! It's a fantastic set by Yankee Candle, full marks to them!
 
Also great value for money as these votives/samplers retail for £1.80 each and would come to £21.60 if you bought all these individually. I've found this set online for £18.99 here so there is a saving there to be had if you are interested in this set for yourself, or as a late gift for that Yankee Candle lover in your life.
 
 
 Yankee Candle Sweet Shop Gift Set
Avaliable for £18.99
 
 
 
 
 ***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own, product bought myself.

1 comment:

  1. Organic candles UK


    https://www.allumi.co.uk/luxury-candle-shop-and-diffusers

    Jo Malone candle - Allumi is one of the best online shops for scented Organic candle gift sets shopping. We offer Organic fragrant candles & Vegan candles in the UK.

    ReplyDelete