Tuesday 24 December 2013

Winter Wonderland TAG!

Hi guys!
 
I saw this tag floating around on Youtube and I really wanted to do it.
So here it is!

 
1. Favourite thing about winter?
 
Well the obvious answer here is Christmas! And it's the one i'm going for. I absolutely LOVE Christmas, every single thing about it is amazing and it's my favourite time of year without a doubt. If I couldn't choose Christmas, it would be snow.



2. Scarves or Beanies?

I don't think i've ever worn a beanie.... I don't even wear hats that often unless it's very cold outside. I'm definitely more of a scarf person, I have way too many scarves but i'm loving my Primark tartan scarf this year.

3. Favorite holiday movie?

I did a whole post on Friday about my favourite holiday movies, and I'd have to say my favourite Christmas film is The Santa Clause, loved it as a child and it's still brilliant now. I actually watched it last night when one of my best friend's came round to cut and highlight my hair and exchange pressies!

4. Favourite winter nail polish?

This is an easy one, I absolutely love China Glaze 'Glitter All the Way' to wear around Christmas time, but if we're talking into January and February and a general all round winter polish i'd have to say my new favourite this year is Nails Inc Chelsea Square, oh it's so beautiful!

5. Favourite Starbucks Holiday Drink?

A short answer to this one, I don't have a favourite as I don't like coffee/tea so I never go into Starbucks.

6. What are your top 3 winter essentials?

My Burts Bees Honey lipbalm, my favourite lipbalm and it's seriously needed in these colder months as I get dry lips. My second essential would be scarves and gloves, not exactly beauty related by I can't cope in the winter without either. Thirdly it would have to be a very good moisturiser, my favourite being my Dr Organic Manuka Honey Rescue Cream.

7. Name one item on your wish list this year.

The most expensive thing i've asked for this year is an iPod Nano. My last one has broken and it was like 5 years old so i'd like a new one :) if not i'd be very happy with some Yankee Candles :)

8. Favourite holiday song?

My all time favourite Christmas song is I wish it Could be Christmas Everyday by Wizzard. So damn catchy! And i've loved it ever since I was a child. I was singing and dancing around to that song in the kitchen when it came on on the radio yesterday morning when I was making chocolate chip cookies!

9. Did you go Black Friday shopping this year?
 
We don't have Black Friday in the UK, although this year it did spring up out of nowhere for some reason, and I don't quite know why we've started doing it but oh well. I got a few things on Amazon but I didn't go into any shops on that day, i'm not even sure if the actual UK shops were taking part, or if it was just an online thing.

10. Must have winter lip product?

Another very easy one. Mac Hot Tahiti lipstick, a nice red that isn't a very bold red so it's easy to apply with hardly any effort. I have been wearing it a lot already and i'm actually wearing it today.

11. Will you be rocking an ugly Christmas sweater this year?

To call them "ugly" is just the persons opinion of whoever made this tag. I love the festive Christmas jumpers (or sweaters as you Americans call them). They have become very fashionable these last couple of years. I will indeed be wearing a Christmas jumper with a rudolph on the front on Christmas day. If some people think they are tacky then that's fine, but in my opinion they are great fun! It's Christmas, have a laugh and wear fun things!

12. Have you ever had a white Christmas where you live?

I can remember one year we had a white Christmas in the 1990's at some point when I was a child, but in recent years we never seem to have them that much in the UK (unless you live in Scotland or Northern England it is more likely) but as i'm down in the South it's not likely at all. Last year we had about 5mins of snow but it was very light and it didn't settle on the ground, so that's as close as i've got to a white Christmas in recent years.

13. Favourite winter candle scent?

All this month i've been burning Yankee Candle Christmas Cookie, which is an amazing vanilla biscuit sort of scent. So yummy!! So i'll be burning that through the rest of this month and probably into the beginning of next year aswell. It has been discontinued recently though which makes me sad :(

14. How will you be celebrating this holiday?

Well i'll be spending Christmas Eve with my grandparents on my mum's side of the family, Christmas Day will be at home with my parents and my sister. Boxing Day we will be having my dad's side of the family coming over. We never go away anywhere for Christmas.
 
 
 
 
So there we have it that was the Winter Wonderland TAG!
Feel free to do the tag yourself.
 
Have a very Merry Christmas!!!
 
 
Love
Amy
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment