Monday 9 December 2013

Topshop Lipstick 'Wicked' - Mac Rebel Dupe?

 
 
Topshop Lipstick 'Wicked' - £8.00
 
The Topshop make-up collection called The Dark Side of Nude was released last autumn/winter and I wasn't that particularly fussed on the collection itself. I'm not the biggest fan of the kind of gothic look that this collection provided, however this one lipstick did catch my eye, but just for one reason.
 
Before I came across this lipstick, the Mac lipstick Rebel was the hottest lipstick going, everyone was after it, and I must admit it is absolutely stunning and that was the colour I wanted, but I wanted a cheaper alternative.
 
On my hunt for a good dupe, I went to Mac and swatched Rebel and then went into Boots and tried all lipsticks that looked similar and nothing seemed to come close, I then went to Topshop and saw this and thought that is it. I've found it. It's the best dupe i've come across so far and I like it that much that I probably won't go out and get Rebel, considering I don't wear this all that often I can't justify spending extra money on colours that look very very similar.
 
 
Now you may have noticed the packaging is very different to the traditional white and spotty Topshop lipstick packaging. It's Matte black on the bottom half, with a spidery effect on the lid. I prefer the standard lipstick packaging if i'm honest, but for this particular colour and the name 'Wicked' it suits it well and it all just screams Halloween to me. It really is the perfect autumn lipstick.
 
 
As you can see from the swatch below, the colour of the lipstick bullet does not look anything like the swatch. It is a beautiful berry purple colour and is just gorgeous for autumn and winter. The formula is a bit more moisturising than the standard Topshop lipsticks, but still lasts absolutely ages and i've found that this lipstick leaves a stain as it is so dark. I apply this colour with a lip brush, otherwise I think it might be too intense for me, but that's just me, you may prefer to apply it directly onto the lips.
 
I did not hear much of a buzz about this colour in the blogging world, and I'm surprised considering so many people love Rebel and are probably looking for a good high street/drugstore dupe.
 
 
This was only released as a limited edition colour last year, but there is good news.
Topshop released this exact colour, still called 'Wicked', into their permenant line and now in their normal white packaging. So if you're interested in this colour then you can still pick it up. I really think this is a great dupe for Rebel and it is £7.00 cheaper than it too!
 
It is avaliable in Topshop stores, or you can order it online:


Any questions/comments please leave below.
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own, product bought myself

No comments:

Post a Comment