Wednesday 11 December 2013

Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers

 
Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers - £6.49
 
 
These Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers have been a huge blogger and Youtuber favourite for a long time since they launched near the start of 2013.
I was completely sucked in by the hype and I got myself a couple.
 
First of all the packaging is just, oh gosh it's amazing! To be able to see the colour on the end is brilliant and the design on the tubes is just so pretty. Packaging really makes a difference I think and Rimmel definitely pulled it out of the bag for this one. And don't even get me started on the names, anything with a space theme has got me hooked!

 
As you can see, the applicator is no ordinary applicator, it almost has a funnel effect on the end which holds a lot of the product, enabling it to distribute the product amazingly onto the lips. It enables you to be very precise and the pigmentation is just insane, as you'll see from the swatches below, i've never seen any lip product like it!
 
The product itself is very glossy, and if you want a pop of colour on your lips this will deliver that in bucket loads! They are very creamy and moisturising and feel great on the lips, and not sticky at all. The whole lipstick/lipgloss hybrid products, aka lip lacquers as these are, have become very popular in recent times and I'm definitely on the bandwagon. And I would go as far as to say Rimmel are the best i've come across so far.
 
The red colour I have below is called 'Big Bang' and the mauvey pink colour is called 'Celestial'. I get more wear out of Celestial as it is an everyday pink shade,  I could wear this any day with an outfit and it wouldn't look out of place. The Big Bang colour is very scary at first, as it is so bright, but when worn right it looks fabulous! Such a classic pillar box red.
 
 
The only problem I have with these is that because they are so glossy, they can move around a bit and i've found the red one to smudge ever so slightly if you apply too much. It is a very wet formula and I have found the best way to apply these is to put on one layer and blot it and do that a couple of times and then the colour will last all day! Whereas if you just apply it the once, because its so glossy it will come off if you eat or drink. It's almost like if you want them to last you have to set them on your lips and set it with layers to still maintain the glossy look. Might be a bit of a hastle but it is worth it.
 
There are currently 13 shades of these lip laquers, they initially brought out 8 I think but they have added more as they are clearly popular. The colour range is great and I would love to pick up some more, but for the time being i'm very happy with these.
 
Avaliable at:
Boots - £6.49
 
Any questions/comments please leave below.
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own, products bought myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment