Saturday 21 December 2013

SEVENTEEN Lasting Fix 'Mulled Wine' Lipstick

 
SEVENTEEN Lasting Fix 'Mulled Wine' Lipstick - £4.29
 
It's getting so close to Christmas now, it's so exciting! So in the lead up to the festivities I thought i'd share one of my favourite lipsticks for this time of year, and it is very appropriately named 'Mulled Wine'. I really don't like Mulled Wine in the drink form, but it's a great name that matches the colour of this lipstick very well, and it just makes me want to wear it a lot around the Christmas season.
 
SEVENTEEN have had a bit of a re-brand recently, they now have the full name SEVENTEEN but a while ago they just used to be the number 17, as you can see on the lid. I'm not sure if they have repackaged the Lasting Fix lipsticks yet, or if they are going to at all, but from the Boots website they still look identical so I think they've kept it the same. Which I think is a wise choice, as I really like the design of the packaging with the all black but when the lid is on you can see the pink coming through in a small band around the middle. 
 
 
SEVENTEEN do a few formulas of their lipsticks, this one is the Lasting Fix formula but they also do Stay Pout which is reasonably new as I don't remember seeing that range there last year. There is Mirror Shine, which is probably their most famous line due to the blogger favourite Beehive colour! I adored the packaging of that a lot but the smell of them was not pleasant, and they have also since changed that packaging which is sad. Last but not least they have the Supreme Shine lipsticks, which I have one of and also enjoy.
 
The Lasting Fix lipsticks do exactly what they says on the tin, they last a very long time on the lips. SEVENTEEN say these lipsticks will last up to 4 hours on the lips, but I reckon they last longer, but then again I have quite a dark redish colour so that will have a bit of a staining affect which I find all dark colours like red do. I'd have to test out the staying power of the Lasting Fix lipsticks on a lighter colour one day.
 
 
 Like I said this is a red based colour, but it's a very easy and simple red to pull off. A very good choice for someone who wants to dip their toe into the whole red lipstick scene. I think this actually was the first red lipstick I ever bought, and it's served me well over the past year or so.
 
I like the fact that it lasts so long on the lipsticks, it's an easy colour to pull off in the autumn and winter months and even though it is a Lasting Fix lipsticks it's not at all drying like you'd expect it to be. I'd probably call this a satin formula lipstick, it's not completely matte but it's not glossy either.
 
One of the best things about this lipstick though is the price, for £4.29 you really can't go wrong. Such great value for a good product, i'd buy more of these without a doubt.
 

SEVENTEEN is only avaliable in Boots stores or
on the Boots website for £4.29
 
 
Any questions/comments please leave below.
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own, product bought myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment