Wednesday 18 December 2013

My Favourite Christmas Songs!


It’s that time of year again where you listen to nothing else but Christmas songs, as neither of the radios work in either of my family’s cars (I know how tragic haha) and I never listen to the radio at home, so I just spend my time listening to Christmas CD’s in the car if I have to go anywhere. Listening to normal music in the lead up to Christmas just feels wrong, and it helps to get me in the festive spirit, and they are always being played in the shops and pubs etc. So why not join in and make the most of these songs in December!
So continuing on from my top Christmas entertainment lists, here is my top 10 Christmas songs (although I must stress these are in no particular order, I love them all!).
 ***************************************************************************
Driving Home For Christmas – Chris Rea
I have the Gavin and Stacey Christmas Special to blame for me loving this song, it’s swiftly become one of my top favourites since that episode aired in 2008. It’s very catchy and it makes me want to travel far to visit people at Christmas.
All I want for Christmas is you – Mariah Carey
If this isn’t in your top 10 then there’s something wrong, it’s such a classic! It doesn't need much, if any, justification for being in my top 10.
Do They Know it’s Christmas? – Band Aid
Do you sense a theme developing here? Lol. Yes another Gavin and Stacey number, Smithy singing this in the car with Gavin joining in on the phone is just so funny! I literally cannot picture anything else but that scene when I hear that song. A very good Christmas song, but also has some thoughtful meaning behind it. Be generous, good and kind this Christmas guys :)
Fairytale of New York – The Pogues and Kirsty McColl
I used to really dislike this song when I was younger, but I’ve grown to like it a lot as I’ve grown up. Yeah it’s a bit of a marmite song for some, you can’t understand what the guy is singing for the most part haha. But when it kicks in it’s a great tune! (Oh and if you're after a bit of laugh, look up Michael McIntyre and this song, it'll have you laughing a lot).
I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday – Wizzard
My all time favourite Christmas song, ever! It was my favourite as a child, as a teenager and now as an adult. It’s too damn catchy to not love it to pieces. Such a feel good Christmas song, it makes me want to dance to it all around the house (actually I did do that last year haha). I really can’t say enough good things about it.
It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year – Andy Williams
This is probably one of the shortest Christmas songs, which annoys me as it’s one of my real favourites. The whole jazz element and it's such an old school classic. The song title sums up Christmas, it really is the most wonderful time of year – you forget how amazing Christmas is until you’re back round to the festive time of year again. This song is just perfection.
Last Christmas – Wham
Hands up if you’re a secret Wham fan? *Holds hand up*, although it isn’t much of a secret for me haha. Can’t beat a bit of 80’s music in my opinion. So already being a Wham fan how can I not love this Christmas hit, I love the video of this too.
Walking in the Air – Aled Jones
Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without this childhood classic, oh I picture the scenes in my head everytime I hear this song. Such a beautifully animated little story The Snowman is and this song just is beautiful, but also makes me sad as it reminds me of the poor snowman dying melting.
Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow! – Dean Martin
Such a sweet little song, all these old classics make me feel so calm and warm and almost reminds me of classic movies back in the 40’s. And let’s face it who doesn’t want it to snow on Christmas Day? It’s a dream I think a lot of us have! I know for me it definitely is.
Merry Christmas Everybody – Slade
I was really struggling with the last one, it was a toss up between a few but I kept coming back to this song. It’s not my ultimate favourite, it used to be many years ago but now I find it’s a bit repetitive. Don’t get me wrong it is a real classic but I spend the whole song waiting for the best bit “It’s Christmas!!!” which is arguably the best bit in any Christmas song, ever! But ultimately I had to include this song, as its a childhood favourite and I couldn’t have a top 10 without it! Would just be wrong.
 
I have done a post on my favourite Christmas TV - here
And my favourite Christmas films - here
In the meantime tell me what you're favourite Christmas songs are?
Merry Christmas!
 
Love
Amy
xxx



***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment