Tuesday 25 February 2014

Mac Brush Cleanser

 
Mac Brush Cleanser - £10.00
 
I'd vaguely heard of the Mac Brush Cleanser amongst the blogging and Youtube world, but it wasn't until my sister was raving about this product that I was at all interested in it. She actually went out and bought me this very bottle as part of my birthday present last year and I have to say it was a surprising gift to receive, but one that I gladly accepted and was intrigued to try out for myself.
 

 
You dispense some of the cleanser onto a paper towel, or that's what i've seen the girls at the Mac counters do anyway so i'm happy to stick to that. Then you brush your dirty makeup brush over the area of cleanser on the paper towel and if by magic the foundation, bronzer, blush etc will remove clean away from the brush. It really is amazing you can do this without using water. And your brushes are bone dry, I just don't know how this is possible.
 
I honestly think if you are using makeup brushes on a daily basis and especially if you are a professional makeup artist and often doing lots of makeup on different people throughout a day then this would be an essential product to have, as it is all very hygienic and according to MAC it helps to prolong the wear and life of your brushes too, which is always something we want.
 
As you can see by the pictures I went a bit mad and cleaned all my brushes, well spot cleaned as a matter of fact. You just use this to spot clean your brushes every day or every other day for example, or if you have used a particularly dark eyeshadow maybe.
 
But then once a week you are supposed to do a deep clean with your makeup brushes, what I like to do is use baby shampoo as it is the cheapest option and it works very well. This is the most time consuming of the two methods but it needs to be done, but if you are feeling particularly lazy one day then this is a good short term solution.
 
As you can see I now have some lovely clean brushes!
 
I loved the way this cleanser worked for my brushes, I don't clean my brushes nearly enough as I should do (bad I know) but having this on my dressing table it has encouraged me, and reminded me, to clean my brushes more often and this way is just so quick and very simple. And you don't have to wait many hours for your makeup brushes to dry, which is the best thing really!
 
 
 
 
Love
Amy
xxx

 
 
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own,
product gifted to me for my birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment