Wednesday 5 February 2014

Real Techniques Starter Set

Real Techniques Starter Set - £21.99
 
Any person who is in to watching beauty videos on Youtube will know who Pixiwoo are, and the creater of Real Techniques is Sam Chapman who is one of the Pixiwoo sisters, and it's down to her that I now have a major love for makeup brushes!
 
The Real Techniques brushes are incredibly popular amongst beauty lovers, for me they are the go to brand when it comes to makeup brushes. Not only are they brilliant quality, but they are much cheaper than Mac brushes for example. And they also come in nice colours which link with certain areas of the face for example.
 
 
This set that I am talking about today is the Real Techniques Starter Set, which contains five brushes, four of which are designed for the use of appling your eye makeup and the other brush is to use to apply any eyebrow product that you want to. This set also comes with a black case which can also be turned into a stand, but I don't have that any longer so I cannot show that to you, sadly.
 
These brushes are all in a purple colour which looks lovely and the brushes themselves are synthetic brushes so they are very soft and an absolute dream to use and to wash, and they dry incredibly quickly, much quicker than some other brushes that I own.
 

 
I'll go through each brush individually, from left to right of this picture, starting with:
 
Pixel-Point Eyeliner Brush
This is probably the least popular brush that comes in this set as a lot of people have said the brush itself is not thin enough to create a nice thin, even smooth line. If i'm honest i've never used this brush as I barely wear eyeliner and also this brush would be best to apply gel eyeliner or if you want to use an eyeshadow as an eyeliner. So for me this brush is not so good.
 
Base Shadow Brush
I adore this brush! One of the best in this set for me. You use this apply a base colour eyeshaow and that works perfectly, also it is quite fluffy so you could use this to blend out your eyeshadow, I have done that on a few occassions.
 
Deluxe Crease Brush
My other favourite from this set. You apply any crease colours with this brush, it is quite a chunky brush but you can also use this for blending out your eyeshadow and your crease colour. People also use this brush to apply their concealer, but i've never done that but definitely worth considering because it seems to work very well for that from what i've seen people do in tutorials.
 
Brow Brush
A brilliant brush if you want to use powder products to do your eyebrows, I don't actually use any products for my eyebrows so again this is another unused brush for me. But if I did decide to use powder eyebrow product then I would instantly reach for this as it looks like the perfect eyebrow brush.
 
Accent brush
Another very handy brush, you could use this brush to apply any inner corner highlight to your eyes, or for applying eyeshadow to your lower eye, near your waterline. Or just for very fine work you want to do where you need a tiny brush. A very small brush but can be very handy nevertheless.
 
 
It is a real bargain to get five great brushes for the price of £21.99! If you went to somewhere like Mac you'd probably only be able to buy one brush (maybe two if you're very lucky) with that, so to get five it's brilliant! They really are great quality and if I want new makeup brushes then Real Techniques is the place I go to first. Can't really fault these brushes, i'd happily buy them again if I needed to.
 
 
As I said these retail for £21.99 and you can get them at Boots for that price
 
But for you bargain hunters out there these are avaliable cheaper elsewhere, the cheapest i've found them today is £16.99
 
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own,
product gifted to me by a family member for my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment