Wednesday 19 February 2014

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss

 Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss - £6.99
 
As we all know I have a love/hate relationship with lipglosses, they aren't like lipsticks where you are almost guaranteed to like them, lipglosses are a bit of a nightmare in terms of trying to find ones that aren't sticky! It's my ultimate aim when it comes to shopping for a new lipgloss.
 
These are the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipglosses, and I have the colours Coral Reef (L) and Pink Pop (R). Now I must admit the Super Lustrous lipgloss line by Revlon have recently changed packaging and they are now in spherical shaped tubes, I think I prefer this old design packaging if i'm honest as most lipglosses are in circular shaped tubes, but oh well i'm not in charge of the Revlon packaging and the new ones aren't that bad at all really, they have still managed to keep the Chanel-esque look to them with the black lid and the gold band around it.
 
 I do have a few problems with the Super Lustrous line of lipglosses, but i'll start with the positives. As i've already said the packaging is just gorgeous and it's my favourite packaging of all the lipglosses I own, they just look so chique and high end to me. Also the colour pay off is amazing! I've found that with all the Revlon lipglosses i've tried, they've never let me down when it comes to packing a punch with colour. You could easily wear these colours on their own without having to put a lipstick on underneath.
 
Now to the negatives. I do not like the little applicator, it's like a stump little sponge, not that it really feels like a sponge, but you get what I mean by the texture. It doesn't make it easy to apply the lipgloss. Also the main draw back to these lipglosses is the formula. It's very thick and it is quite sticky, in my opinion. Also from viewing the swatches below it looks a bit gritty but it doesn't feel like that, despite what it may look like. 
 
I don't know if these are something that Revlon have changed now that they've repackaged these lipglosses, they may well have reformulated the lipglosses themselves too, but I don't have any of them to compare the old with the new. 
 
 I would not buy these again, not only because i'm not so keen on these particular ones but I just don't wear lipgloss really so I won't go out of my way to buy anymore than the ones I already have and which i'm trying to use up.
 
Also just to note the Coral Reef one does not seem to be avaliable anymore, Revlon may well have dropped this particular colour when they re-packaged them but there is bound to be a similar colour in the new line. But the Pink Pop one is still avaliable.
 
 
£6.99 - here
 
 
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own, products bought myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment