Tuesday 4 February 2014

Benefit They're Real Mascara (sample size)

 
Benefit They're Real Mascara (sample size) - full size £19.50
 
You know those 'gotta have it' moments, well I had one of those moments back in the summer time, which seems like an eternity ago don't you think? It was when watching some youtube videos I saw that people had mini samples of this mascara and they said it came free in Elle magazine. Now i'm not one for magazines, I never ever buy them, unless i'm going to go on a long road car journey or a plane. But for this mascara I made an exception.
 
This is one of the most talked about mascaras in the beauty industry, you've either tried it or you really want to. And I can now say I have fallen into the fallen category. It's one of those cult beauty classics and I just can't ignore that, if it is considered a beloved cult product it must be good. And boy did it not disappoint!
 
 
As you can see from the facts on the side of box that the mascara comes in, it gives impressive results and as soon as I got this mascara I tried it and wow it is good. I really want to critique this and say no it doesn't do this, it doesn't do that, but I just can't. I agree with everything it says on the box. My lashes looked so long and volumised, and it did make them hold a curl. It definitely lasted all day, sometimes with mascaras they have almost gone off your eyelashes after a long day but this stays put forever! Which in turn makes it an absolute nightmare to remove, it really is annoying, and is my only bug bear about this mascara. A lot of people have said the same thing, but it is worth it just to see the results it gives.
 
As you can see this is a plastic brush, which will either come as delight or a hate for you. I am more of a fibre bristle wand fan myself but I can see the appeal of this one. The spiky ball at the end of the wand (which reminds me a wrecking ball used in medieval times!) helps to get into the corner lashes and the outer lashes extremely well.
 
It's this wand that makes this mascara so great, but I really hate it. It's very spiky and it hurts to apply on your eyes I find, if you catch your tight line (or upper water line whichever you call it) with this then it will hurt, it's hurt me almost everytime i've applied it. But that's just me being clumsy with my mascara application more than likely. 
 
This is my first ever Benefit product purchase and for the moment it is my only Benefit makeup product, I would like more but Benefit is on the expensive/high end of makeup brands, which I cannot justify purchasing from right now but in the future I aim to get something else.
 
All in all I do love the results that this mascara gives, and I can understand why it is the UK's top selling high end mascara, but for me it's not my favourite. The wand is not totally to my liking, it is an annoyance to remove and the full size is £19.50 so I wouldn't go out and purchase this mascara for myself, unless it was for a special occassion.
 
Remember this one was a sample size and I don't think you can normally buy them, but the full size mascara retails for £19.50
 
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own, product bought myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment