Monday 3 February 2014

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain 'Crush'

 
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain 'Crush' - £7.99
 
The whole lip stain concept really is genius when you think about it, you're able to achieve the desired lip colour and it will last all day! It really is amazing and i'm not at all surprised that the whole lip stain craze has become as popular as it has done. It's had me hooked from the start.
 



As usual Clinique seem to be one of the headhunters when it comes to new products and then the cheaper brands attempt their cheaper versions of it. In this case Revlon have done very well in creating the balm stains, they are just the best versions of these balm stains across the drugstore/high street in my opinion.

The packaging is very similar to the Clinique Chubby Sticks, so a very good dupe packaging wise. I love the whole look of them and I like how you can twist it up to get more product. Also the colour of the outside tube matching the colour of the actual product is always beneficial and Revlon have done that with the Lip Butters too, I sense a pattern emerging here.

 
The first colour I ever got of these Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain's is the Lovesick one which is a bright fushia pink, which I adore. But I wanted one for more autumn and winter occassions and so I chose this colour that we are looking at today called Crush.
 
It's a lovely berry purple wine sort of colour, so perfect for this time of year. It feels nice and comfortable on the lips, it might dry your lips out slightly (after all it is a stain so it needs to dry out a bit) but I find once you've put a layer on, and rub your lips together and let it stay there for a few seconds before applying another small layer. So the stain will work its magic and then also the second layer also acts as a more balm and it will feel even better. It's not very glossy but it's not matte either, it's almost like a satin formula if you like.
 
It does have a minty taste to it at first when you apply it, now some people hate the smell but I really love it. It doesn't tingle on the lips either, some people don't like that about some minty lip products so you don't have to worry about that.
 
These are my go to lip products for a night out or a long day somewhere and I want a bold lip look, as I know they will last all day, even after eating and drinking which is a rarity in the lip product world.
 
Revlon have recently brought out the matte versions of this and an even more glossier version of these balm stains. I'm not really interested in the matte ones as I'm not keen on matte lipsticks, but the glossier ones intrigue me, so I may try those and see how I get on. But I am more than happy with the original ones, I just want more colours!
 
Retails for £7.99
 
 
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own, product bought myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment