Thursday 7 November 2013

My Eczema Saviour : Dr Organic Manuka Honey Rescue Cream

 
Dr Organic Manuka Honey Rescue Cream - (50ml) - £8.69

There is not many products in my life that I would class as my holy grail, the number one, product but for me this is it. It took me 22 years but I have eventually found the one product that has as good as got rid of my face eczema.

 


It is the richest, thickest moisturiser i've come across and from an eczema sufferers point of view that is what we need in a moisturiser. It has an amazing natural honey scent, it is also hypoallergenic, organic and claims to be suitable for:
 Dry skin, sun exposed skin, sensitive skin, irritated and allergic skin.
 
I think if you have mildly dry skin it may be too rich of a moisturiser for you, but if you have medium dry skin, or anything worse than that, I suggest you try this out.

Manuka Honey has recently been causing a buzz (sorry couldn't help myself) in the beauty industry, with it's amazing benefits for the skin. This is made with special honey that is found in New Zealand and is supposed to be even more effective than normal types of honey. When I first read about Manuka Honey being used in skincare to treat skin conditions like eczema, I searched high and low for a product I could buy and try it out myself, without having to order online, I struggled for a while until I found this in Holland and Barrett. Since then i've seen Superdrug selling a brand called Manuka Doctor, but since i've not tried any of their products, and this cream has worked so amazingly, I haven't even wanted to try anything else.

 
I love the packaging of this cream in the glass jar, I know some people don't like pots of creams and would prefer it in a tube but it honestly doesn't bother me. Also the fact the cream is so thick i'm not sure how well it would work in a tube.
 
The brilliance of this cream is that a little goes a long way, I only use this on my eczema areas on my face (around my eyes, my lip and near my nose) and i can cover that all with about a 5 pence piece size on my finger, it is so thick you don't need much more. My first pot of this lasted me from March till the start of October, so it lasts a lot longer than most moisturisers, and i'm now on my second pot with a third waiting to be used.
 
It says in the direction to apply liberally and on the seriously bad eczema days the more you put on the better i've found. It forms like a protective barrier on your face but I don't find it to be greasy.
 
Within 1 day of using this product my dryness had improved and the redness went down within a couple of days, and within a week my family and friends were complimenting me on my skin and were amazed at how my skin looked.
 
I could finally feel confident with myself again and go out of the house without feeling self-concious that people were looking at my awful skin. It's crazy that all of that feeling can come from the results of a skincare product, but its true. I just pray that they never ever get rid of this product, i'll be very upset and will have to bulk buy a lot of it. I just cannot live without this cream.
 
I want to thank Dr Organic for creating this product, for without it i'd still be suffering with the terrible dryness/redness and constantly itching. I can honestly say I barely scratch my face at all now and if I do, I just pop a bit of this on and the itching subsides in a matter of seconds.
 
 There are also other products in the Manuka Honey range from Dr Organic but I have yet to try them out, but the rest of the range can be found
 
If you suffer with eczema then please consider this cream, it could help you as much as its helped me. And if you have tried it, let me know how you've got on, i'd love to hear your experiences.
 
It retails in Holland and Barrett for £8.69
But it is almost constantly on offer for 2 for the price of £13.69
 
Any questions/comments please leave in the comments below.
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own, product bought myself.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is my holy grail product as well! do you know whats the shelf life of this product? I got two from the UK as it is not available in my country. I used up one of them in the past 6 months and I just opened the 2nd one, the consistency is a bit thicker than the other. has it run out? please let me know. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just found out about this product and I'm interested in experiementing on myself as I have eczema on albeit mild according to Doctors but doesn't feel mild to me when I'm itching at night! I get eczema on my legs, arms and other parts of my body. I have to keep moisturising my face for fear of it drying out.

    So thought I might try the one from Holland and Barratt. I've heard mostly good things about this and anything has to be worth a try instead of using steroid creams all the time!

    ReplyDelete