Friday 29 November 2013

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion

 
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - (part of Urban Decay Naked Palette)
 
Until I got the Naked Palette a couple of years ago, I had never ever tried an eye primer. I was just getting into make-up and didn't know what they did and what was the point in having them. But since having used this mini sample of the Urban Decay Primer Potion, i've come to realise how great it is.

 
I bet if you ask any make-up addict or any bloggers or youtubers about eye primers, then this one will be one of the first things they'll think of. It's a cult product in my eyes. I do love the design of this bottle, it goes well with the whole potion name. However, it is slightly impractical when you want to get the last of the product out, it is difficult to get it out. I have seen a lot of pictures of people who have managed to cut it up and depot the product, which is probably what i'll end up doing.
Urban Decay have solved this problem though, with changing the packaging and now it is a squeezy tube which I think is better all round really, despite me still having a soft spot for this old packaging.

 
The actual product itself is a creamy colour and when you apply it all over your eyelid it looks that colour, but when blended in you cannot see it. It definitely does make my eyeshadow last longer, and also my eyeshadow never creases after I use this either. I honestly cannot fault this product.
 
However, I find my eyelids hold eyeshadow pretty well day to day so I tend not to use this all the time when i've applied eyeshadow, I only tend to use the primer if it's for a special occassion or night out or a long day out somewhere. But if your eyeshadow does struggle to stay on, then I would definitely suggest giving this a go.

 
Like I said, this one in particular comes free with the first Naked Palette, so it's a little added bonus product to try and you can't buy this small size individually. But if you want to just buy this product and not the Naked Palette, you can go out and buy a full size version, which I definitely will when this eventually runs out (I can't believe it hasn't already to be fair!).
 
I am tempted to try some of the new high street/drugstore alternatives that are starting to appear, as they would be cheaper in the long run. But honestly, I love this one so much and no other eye primer has been raved about quite so much as this Urban Decay one, so I will stick with it for the foreseeable future.

 
The full size Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion retails for £15.00 
 and can be found at:
 
Debenhams - £13.50 (currently 10% off)
 
 
Any questions/comments please leave below.
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own,
product bought myself as part of the Urban Decay Naked Palette
 

No comments:

Post a Comment