Sunday 10 November 2013

Lush Ultrabland Facial Cleanser


Lush Ultrabland Facial Cleanser - (100g) - £10.95
 
The Ultrabland Cleanser is one of Lush's most popular skincare products, the founder of Lush even describing it as their number one desert island product.
 
After using face wipes for a couple of years to take my make-up off (bad I know) and before the time when I didn't realise how important it was to have a proper skincare routine, I realised how much my eczema could improve if I actually took care of my skin properly.

So I went on the hunt to find a really gentle cleaser, and this Lush cleanser kept coming up as a great recommendation.
 
So I went to Lush and spent ages talking to one of the amazing sales assistants (they really are the best sales assistants going I think, they are always so helpful and very friendly).
I was explaining the problems I have with my eczema, and I was telling her how I had heard about this cleanser and she suggested that it would be great for my skin.
She was kind enough to give me a sample of it to try (another amazing thing I love about Lush).
 
So I tried it and I haven't looked back!

This cleanser has a balm sort of texture, it's very smooth and soft when you apply it to dry skin and then wash it off with a damp flannel/cloth or a damp cotton pad. It takes off even waterproof make-up too which is a bonus. It leaves my skin feeling amazingly smooth and injects some moisture back into the skin.
 
It's key ingredients include:
Honey, Beeswax, Almond Oil and Rose Water
 
These ingredients help calm the skin down and reduces redness and gives it moisture, which is exactly what eczema sufferers need when a flare up occurs. The name describes this product perfectly, it is indeed a very bland cleanser, but it has all the vital things needed to do the job of removing make-up and cleansing the skin, without irritation.
 
I'm not sure how well this cleanser would work on oily skin, another Lush cleanser might be more suitable for you. But if you have dry or very dry skin, or sensitive and eczema prone skin like myself,  then this would be great for you.
 
I am on my second tub of this cleanser, having bought the smaller version first after trying out the sample and loving it, then I upgraded to the larger pot when that one had run out.
 
I think this cleanser is excellent value for money as it will last you many months. It's my holy grail cleanser and has really helped to improve my eczema, as well as the rest of my skin.
 
So if you're interested in a new cleanser, and want to try something new, go to Lush and most importantly talk to the sales people there, they are amazingly helpful and you can even ask for a sample first to try it out.
 
 
45g tub - £6.95
100g tub - £10.95
Both can be found Here

 
Any questions/comments please leave in the comments below.
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own, product bought myself.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment