Thursday 14 November 2013

Aveeno Moisturising Creamy Oil

 

Aveeno Moisturising Creamy Oil - 300ml - £7.15
 
 
You may be looking at this Aveeno product and thinking what an earth is a creamy oil.
Is it an oil? Is it a cream? What is it for?
Well my lovelies, i'll tell you that is exactly what I first thought when I came across this product too.
 
I was browsing the Aveeno website and I came across this, now i've been having problems with my legs being very sensitive and itchy after i've shaved them. Whether that be to the shaving gel I was using, or I was applying moisturiser afterwards that my legs didn't agree with.
Thankfully I don't suffer with eczema on my legs (I used to behind my knees but not anymore), they are just very sensitive. So i was on the look out for an Aveeno product I could potentially use either to shave with or to put on afterwards, and this caught my eye.

As you can see from the picture, this looks and feels like a cream but has all the benefits of an oil.
 
I decided to try shaving with it, my legs were wet from the shower so I used about four or five pumps of this to cover one leg and it was amazing to shave with. And when I got out of the shower, my legs felt so moisturised (I never get that with regular shaving products, my legs always feel dry and horrible). For the first time ever I didn't feel like I needed to put moisturiser on afterwards.
 
But if I was going to, i'd have no problem putting this on dry skin as I have tried using it that way and it felt like a lovely creamy lotion that was not at all sticky.
 
I love that this comes with a pump, so it's very convenient to use. Also handy if you want to keep in your shower or by your bath if you wanted to use it to shave like I do. But it is supposed to be used as a general body moisturiser/lotion, particularly after you've had a bath or shower.
 
I absolutely love this stuff and will definitely continue to use it for my legs. Aveeno is knocking it out of the park with their products for me at the moment, it must be something to do with the Colloidal Oatmeal and the Sweet Almond Oil that they use, which is amazing for my eczema and dry/sensitive skin.
 
However, I think if you shave your legs everyday (as I know some people do, but I don't personally) then i'm not sure how long this will last you. Nevertheless, if your legs feel awfully dry and itchy after shaving, or if you want to use it as suggested as a regular body lotion/moisturiser, i'd urge you to try this.
 
 
Boots - £4.77 on offer - normally £7.15
 
 
Any questions/comments please leave in the comments.
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
 
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own, product bought myself


No comments:

Post a Comment