Monday 16 December 2013

My Favourite Christmas TV!

Hi guys!

As it is the week before Christmas I thought i'd do a little countdown of my favourite Christmas TV, Music and Films this week, the links to the two other posts will be listed at the end of this post.

I absolutely love watching the TV, and Christmas TV is always one of my favourite parts of Christmas. The specials are always fun and it's a great excuse to get the family all sitting together and watching the same thing, which is a rariety in my house I tell you!
 
I'm going to show you some of my favourite things to watch over Christmas, and these are in no particular order.


Downton Abbey
For the last few years there has been a Downton Abbey Christmas Special and myself and my family always tune in, I just love this show. And it's normally a bumper 2 hour episode aswell, which makes it even better. I'll be tuning in again this year.

 
Soaps
Don't judge me, I love Eastenders and Coronation Street, and i'll occasionally tune in to Emmerdale. I love them at Christmas and always watch them too. I know they get a lot of stick and a lot of people don't like them anymore, but I still do.

 
The Royle Family
Sometimes there is a Royle Family Christmas Special on, last year there was but there isn't one on this year. They have done quite a few though so can always pick one to watch, such a great show!
 
 
The Vicar of Dibley
I just love, love, love the Vicar of Dibley at Christmas, this picture from the infamous 'The Christmas Lunch Incident' is my favourite to watch over Christmas, still hilarious to this day.
 
 
Doctor Who
My favourite TV event to look forward to on Christmas Day itself is the Doctor Who Christmas Special, it's not Christmas without Doctor Who in it now. Just brilliant!

 
Gavin and Stacey
For me the Gavin and Stacey Christmas Special is a modern TV Christmas classic! I love it to bits and I have watched it every year since it came out in 2008, it's just perfect. They've only ever made one Christmas Special and they don't ever need to do another Christmas themed episode because this one is unbeatable.

 
Only Fools and Horses
This show reminds me of Christmas as a child, Only Fools and Horses was (and still is) a cultural phenomenon in this country and the Christmas Specials were always a highlight of the TV year for the whole country (the past viewing figures showed that). Sadly this show has long been off our screens but there are so many classic Christmas episodes for us to look back and enjoy!

 
The Snowman
The last but not least, its a childhood classic! Everyone has seen this at some point, it's beautiful, magically and so sad all at the same time. This is Christmas in a nutshell.
 
I have done a post on my favourite Christmas songs - here
And my favourite Christmas films - here
 
What are your favourite things to watch over the Christmas period?
 
Happy Christmas TV viewing!!
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
 
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment