Tuesday 17 December 2013

Pixi Endless Silky Eyeliner - Straight on till Morning/Sage Gold

 
Pixi Endless Silky Eyeliner - Straight on till Morning - £11.00
 
These Pixi eyeliners created quite a buzz in the beauty world a couple of years ago, everyone was raving about how well they stayed put and how soft and creamy they were. I was totally sucked into the hype and got myself the eyeliner in black noir. But as that's just a standard black colour I thought i'd jazz things up and talk about the same eyeliner but in a different colour, this colour I have here is called Straight on till Morning.
 
I must admit that i've had this very eyeliner for quite a while and I have to say out of all of my eyeliners this particular shade is my favourite. This beautiful khaki green colour with gold shimmer in it, is just absolutely stunning, especially because I have greenish colour eyes and it just compliments them very well. I also got drawn in to this colour by the name.
 
This particular colour was released back when Pixi did a Disney themed collection, and of course the name Straight on till Morning comes from one of my favourite Disney films, Peter Pan. So when I saw the name, and saw the colour, and having had a Pixi eyeliner before and knew how great they are, it was an instant purchase.
 
 
The formula of these eyeliners is just insane. They are so very soft, easy to use on your upper lash line and works just as well in the waterline too. They do not budge at all! Even when I apply this on my waterline it really doesn't go anywhere, which is not the case for any other eyeliners i've tried. So a big thumbs up for Pixi for that one.

 
I do have some slight issues with this product though, I find that if I do apply any of the Pixi eyeliners in my waterline they make my eyes water a lot more than normal, all the other eyeliners i've tried in the waterline have never made my eyes water before. My mum and sister both have these eyeliners after I suggested they try them out and they've said the same thing, although it doesn't seem to bother my sister as much as it bothers myself and my mum. All I can think is they must have an ingredient in them that makes them stay in your waterline that long and it might irritate my eyes a bit.
 
My second gripe is that they are a pain to get to a nice point after you've sharpened them, as you may have noticed in the second photo. They are a very soft eyeliner, they aren't like a kohl liner so if you want to sharpen them you have to leave them in the fridge to harden a bit for at least an hour, although i've left them overnight most of the times. I just find it difficult when sharpening to get a nice pointed end again.
 
Also the price point, they are £11.00 which I think is a lot for an eyeliner, especially now considering Rimmel have brought out the Scandeleyes eyeliners which are effectively the same thing but a much cheaper price. I don't even wear eyeliner that much either, so sadly I won't be forking out the £11.00 for these again unless they are on offer.
 
Nevertheless, try these out for yourself because they are a very good eyeliner if you want longevity and a great colour pigmentation and colour range then Pixi is the place to go.
This shade 'Straight on till Morning' is now been released into the permenant line and is called Sage Gold if you want to get your hands on it.
 
Pixi make-up is avaliable in Boots, but I can't find a link for it right now so i'm a little confused about that. However it is avaliable at Pixi online:


Any questions/comments please leave below.
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own, product bought myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment