Monday 30 December 2013

LUSH Father Christmas Bath Bomb

 
Lush Father Christmas Bath Bomb - RRP £3.25 now on sale for £1.63
 
I wouldn't normally do a second post about the same brand directly after doing one on Lush yesterday, but this is a Christmas product and I wanted to get it posted before the new year. So apologies for that. Anyway, on to the review.
 
I'm not the biggest bath lover in the world, I much prefer showers as they are much quicker and with my eczema problems I just feel a lot more comfortable with showers. However, for Christmas this year I received this bath bomb from one of my best friends and so it is one of those rare times when a bath is needed.
 
One thing I do find is that baths are incredibly relaxing, I used this bath bomb and I was in the bath for well over an hour and I came out feeling very chilled out and slightly sleepy. I suppose that's the appeal to a lot of people. And if I ever do want to take a bath I always choose to take a bath using Lush products as they are so much fun and the ingredients they use are good for the skin, my eczema has yet to react to any of them.

 
The Father Christmas bath bomb is what you'd expect, a Santa Clause face on a bath bomb! Which is so fun and festive and perfect to use around Christmas time, or on the big day itself if you choose to do so. It's a lovely pink and white colour and gives off the scent of madarin oranges which is a very Christmassy scent. I have to be honest and say it wasn't a total orange scent, I couldn't smell too much orange it just smelt quite sweet and fresh, but it was a great scent nonetheless.
 
 
It's quite a large bath bomb too and I managed to salvage half of it in the bath to use again, you can definitely get two uses out of this bath bomb if you grab it out of the bath in time. I always do that with the Lush bath bombs to make extra use out of them, there's no point spending a few pounds on a bath bomb just for one use.
 
As you can see from the picture this is a surprising bath bomb in that when you first put it in your bath is turns the bath a milky pink sort of colour and then in the middle it is a dark green! So very festive! I wasn't expecting this at all, and that's another thing I love about the Lush bath products, quite a few of them have secret colours inside and you wouldn't know about it until you actually use it.
 
So the dark green on the inside of this bath bomb inevitably made my bath water also look green, it looked like I was bathing in washing up liquid! This colour of bath water may bother some people but it never bothers me. I just look at the scent of the bath bomb itself and if it helps my skin in any way.
 
 
I don't think this bath bomb actually did anything for my skin, unlike some other ones i've tried like Butterball. It did leave my skin smelling nice when I got out but that was all.
 
As this is a Christmas limited edition product you won't be able to get hold of bath bomb from now on until next Christmas time, but if you're quick they may have a few left there from the sales.

When Christmas rolls around again next year, and if I fancy getting myself a Christmas themed bath bomb, then I would definitely consider buying this again.
 
It is still avaliable to buy online for a great price of
£1.63 down from £3.25
 
Any views/comments please leave below.
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own,
product bought for me as a Christmas gift.



No comments:

Post a Comment