Sunday 22 December 2013

Revlon Colorburst 'Orchid' Lipgloss

 
 
Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss 'Orchid' - £7.99
 
Revlon are such a great brand, I don't actually own any other products from Revlon apart from their lip products, and i've never tried any of their products either. The main thing that puts me off from buying things from Revlon I suppose is the price, it is the higher end of the drugstore/high street and I would only spend that kind of money if I know the products are really good. Some other things have been raved about from Revlon like their foundations, but the fact that you're paying a lot for a foundation that doesn't even come with a pump puts me right off, so for now i'm sticking to their lip products.
 
Revlon has a couple of types of lipglosses and they have both proved to be popular. I was on the hunt for a light pink lipgloss and when my sister was getting a Revlon lipgloss I spotted this colour and really liked it.

 
 It is a pretty good applicator and of the two lipglosses that Revlon do this is the longer one and these ones contain shimmer in them, unlike the Super Lustrous ones which are in smaller tubes. I prefer the Colorburst line purely because you get more product for your money and I do quite like lipglosses with shimmer in them. The packaging on both are superb! I particularly like the quilted look that is on the lid of this lipgloss.
 
 
As you can see it is a sheer pink, almost verging on a mauve lilac colour, and it does have slight silver shimmer which can make it look a tad frosty looking in some lights. But if applied right it looks fine and you hardly notice it. I have quite naturally pigmented lips and I never layer lipglosses over lipsticks so I wear this alone and I like the look that it gives. It's very glossy and not at all sticky, it doesn't last all that long on the lips (then again what lipgloss does?) and I do like the name 'Orchid' it suits the colour well. I think if you want a normal everyday pink gloss with a bit of shimmer then this one is spot on.

 
£7.99 may be a tad steep for you to spend on a lipgloss, but you may be more of a lipgloss person than a lipstick person so then in that case it may not seem too bad to you. There are always offers on in Boots and Superdrug also.
 
I probably wouldn't buy this again, as I don't often find myself wearing lipgloss so I don't see the point in buying more lipgloss if i'm not going to wear it. It's not a negative critic on the product itself, it's just me.
 
This Revlon lipgloss is avaliable at £7.99
 
 
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own, product bought myself.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment