Thursday 26 December 2013

My Christmas Day Makeup!

 
Well that's it, the big day has come and gone :( I hope you all had an amazing Christmas Day yesterday and are enjoying your Boxing Day! On Monday I posted about the China Glaze nail polish 'Glitter All the Way' which is what i've been wearing over Christmas, but I thought i'd share with you what make-up I wore on Christmas Day too.
 
As you can see it's an erray of products from the highstreet/drugstore to some high end products. I like to mix and match and it's nice to have some higher end products for such a special day in the year.
 
 
We'll start off with the base and work my way forward from there.
 
Bourjois Happy Light Illuminating Serum Primer - I've written a post about this primer (here) if you want to check it out. On Christmas Day I wanted my makeup to last all day and as this is currently the only face primer than I own I have to stick to this, but I do love it so it's all good.
 
Clinique Even Better Foundation - My favourite foundation to date, I just love the way it feels on my skin, good coverage and it lasts a long time too. It is on the higher end of makeup budgets as it's over £20 but it's worth it for me, definitely. I've yet to blog about this foundation but I will do in the New Year.
 
Rimmel Wake Me Up Concelear - I really like this concelear, I use this under my eyes and it does a good job of covering up dark circles, which I did end up having as I woke up early to open my presents (yeah i'm still a big kid at heart).
 
Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder - The only bronzer I own as i'm not the biggest fan of bronzers in general, but I use this to contour a bit and it works fine for me. I use this everyday in my makeup routine so I had to put this in.
 
Nars Luster Blush - One of my favourite blushes from this year, it's a beautiful orangey colour blush with gold shimmer and it's a nice subtle blush, I didn't want anything too bright on the cheeks as i'm wearing a strong red lipstick.
 
Rimmel Flash Eyeliner - This eyeliner is no longer avaliable, and it's actually the only felt tip eyeliner I own but I really like it. It's easy to use and it gives a nice strong black colour. For someone who doesn't really wear eyeliner at all, I have days where I want my eyes to pop and Christmas is one of those days.
 
Maybelline Colossal Mascara - To this day this is my favourite mascara that i've found, it gives a great volumising look to my lashes and also adds extra length to them. As it's my favourite mascara, I had to wear it on Christmas Day :)
 
Mac 'Russian Red' Lipstick - I have to wear a great red lipstick on Christmas Day, I go all out for this one and the only way to do that is go with Russian Red. One of Mac's best sellers and it really is the perfect red lipstick, it's a matte formula but it isn't too drying. I know i'll have to reapply this after eating my Christmas dinner, but apart from that it'll stay put all day!
 
 
Mac 'Brick' Lip Liner - With the intense red lipstick I need a good lip liner to make it look perfect, and that comes in the form of the Brick lip liner which is also by Mac. Brick and Russian Red go hand in hand, they're a perfect combination.
 
Urban Decay 'Half Baked' eyeshadow from the Naked Palette - If I want a gold eyeshadow then I automatically go for Half Baked. A beautiful gold colour and as it's Christmas i'm going for the whole gold and red theme with my make-up look. Amazing eyeshadow which will stay put all day.
 
Illamasqua Gleam 'Aurora' Highlighter - I've blogged about this (here). On this special day of the year every girl wants to look amazing and this Aurora highlighter by Illamasqua does the job for me. A gorgeous champagne cream highlighter which will just add the finishing touch to my makeup look.
 
 
I have yet to blog about a lot of these products but they will all be done very soon. And any I have blogged about already I have put links too.
 
What makeup did you wear on Christmas Day?
 
Merry Christmas!!!
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own, products bought myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment