Sunday 29 December 2013

LUSH Santa's Lip Scrub

 
LUSH Santa's Lip Scrub - Now £2.75 - Was £5.50
 
I remember back in November and maybe even as early as late October this year when Lush released their Christmas items again, and all the youtubers went mad and all did big Christmas Lush hauls. I absolutely love watching and reading what people got from Lush, as I am a Lush fan myself but I don't tend to go in there very often as some of the items are quite expensive.
 
Nonetheless the Christmas products intrigued me and I managed to resist the urge of going out and buying loads of things back in November and December, I was too focused on saving my money and spending it on everyones Christmas presents.
 
As Christmas is now over I hit the Boxing Day Sales, well I actually went with my sister and mum on the 27th as we always have family over our house on Boxing Day. I made a mental shopping list of what products I wanted from Lush and I got there today and they were all gone! That'll teach me for not shopping online on Boxing Day itself or for not picking up some products earlier. However I did manage to find one product that was on my list, and that was the Santa's Lip Scrub.
 
 
 
I first saw this on somebody's haul, and as soon as I heard the words it's cola flavoured I instantly wanted it! Coca-Cola is my favourite and I love the cola bottle sweets so I wanted to try this. Also I have never tried any lip scrub, let alone a Lush one, so this is totally new territory to me.
 
It's, as you would expect, a gritty consistancy and this one contains little red hearts in which is very cute. You just scrub your lips with this and then you can either wipe it off or lick it off, whichever your preference. It does taste like cola but there is some lime oil in this product i've seen in the ingredients and I can tast that. It is extremely sweet just so you're aware and the red colour of this lip scrub leaves your lips with a very slight red stain too.
 
This lip scrub will be perfect for the last few months of winter if your lips get dry like mine do. I will probably use this before I go to bed and then apply some lipbalm, or do that first thing in the morning maybe aswell.
 
I'll certainly be using this for a while, it's a 25g product and a little goes a long way and I was surprised to read it doesn't expire until the beginning of February 2015. With a fresh product like this with sugar and natural oils etc I would expect it to last 6 months, but no it is well over a year!
 
The only reason I didn't pick up this product earlier was the price, I think £5.50 for a lip scrub is a bit on the steep side, considering you could probably make your own for much cheaper. But as it was half price in the sales I couldn't resist.
 
I've been using the lip scrub for a couple of days now and even though the product works very well, I won't repurchase it again next year because i've gone right off the taste, its too much like a sweet cough medicine. It's just too sickly for me unfortunately. But I like the product itself just not the flavour, so next time I will maybe try the Popcorn one, I know I won't like the bubblegum one as that'll be too sweet aswell.
 
If you yourself still want to get your hands on this little lip scrub I suggest you act very fast, as there were only a few of these left in the Lush shop I went in on 27th December.
 
But it is currently still avaliable online
 
 
Any questions/comments please leave below.
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 

***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own, product bought myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment