Thursday 15 May 2014

Mini Mac Lipstick Haul!


I'm so excited to be writing this blog post, after all it's not everyday I treat myself to a Mac lipstick let alone two of them. But my reasoning behind getting two of them will be come clear very shortly.
I have been eyeing up these two colours for a while now, particularly one of them and it was about time I picked them up. Mac lipsticks for me are a real treat purchase, I have like a little mini wishlist of the colours I would like to pick up and I say to myself that if they have been on my wishlist for at least 6 months to a year then I will pick it up, because I am one of those people who goes through phases of things and will maybe love something for a month or two then after a while will go off it. So I want to make sure i'm spending my money on them wisely, especially when it comes to Mac products as they are on the expensive side.
 
 My reasons for finally picking these up was because Debenhams had £10 off beauty products if you buy two beauty products, but one of them had to be an Award Winner (a list of the winners was announced on their website) and Mac lipsticks happened to be one of the winners (no surprises there!) and so with doing the quick maths in my head I could get two Mac lipsticks for £20, which would work out a tenner each which is pretty cool.
 
Also to make it even more impossible for me to resist, I had £5.00 to spend on my Debenhams beauty card and I also had a £20 gift voucher which I had not spent yet! So technically I got these two for free! And I kept £5.00 on my gift card, so it all worked out very well for me. *happy dance*.
 
 The two shades that I picked up were Syrup which is a Lustre finish which means its more sheer and glossy. And the second one is Peach Blossom which is a cremesheen formula which means its pretty opaque colour pay off and it's nice and creamy on the lips.
 
Now i've been eyeing up Syrup ever since essiebutton mentioned it in her Top 5 Mac lipsticks video ,last year I think. It's a gorgeous pinky plum sort of colour, with a bit of mauve in it too, it's just gorgeous! Probably more suited to autumn and winter time, but I just had to get it now as i've been lusting after it for so long.
 
Peach Blossom is a colour I didn't expect to get as I haven't been wanting it that long, but every time I go to Mac I always pick up this colour and swatch it and think it looks nice and so I got it. It's not that popular of a colour really, but I think it's a lovely natural peach colour that's not very in your face, you could easily wear it for work or just for a natural makeup look - I love it!
 
So that is my mini Mac Lipstick haul. I have so many other colours in my wishlist such as Plumful, Chatterbox and Patiserie just to name three. But I think i'll wait until my birthday in September until I get another one or two...or three...or more! :)


MAC Lipsticks - £15.00
 
 
What Mac lipsticks are on your wishlist?
 
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
 
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own,
products bought with giftcard

No comments:

Post a Comment