Monday 27 January 2014

The Body Shop - Vitamin E Eye Cream

 
The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream - £10.00
 
I don't know when the right time to start using eye creams are, but i'm now at the age of 23 and i'll be 24 near the end of this year so my age is catching up with me faster than i'd like. Not that this is an anti-aging product in the slightest, but I think it is important to look after your eye area as it is the most delicate area of skin on your face. Also the whole 'your eyes are the key to your soul' phrase kind of rings true, when you're ill or just not looking your best it shows first around your eyes, so i've come to the realisation that I want to try looking at some good eye creams.
 
This is the first eye cream i've ever tried, and for £10.00 this may seem a tad steep for a cream, especially as it is only 15ml but I suppose it has more properties in it that makes it more expensive, plus it is a Body Shop product and they aren't always the cheapest. But I did like the fact it was made with Vitamin E as that is known for making the skin lovely and smooth.
 
This eye creams claims to help with puffiness, fine lines and dark circles. Now for me it hasn't worked on the fine lines, I do have a few but they aren't too bad and I don't suffer with puffy eyes either it's just some dark circles now and again. I don't think it has helped too much with the dark circles, they aren't severe enough that i've noticed if it's worked or not. I did however notice that the area around my eyes looked a lot brighter and more awake, as you can see by the next picture.
 
I was disappointed in the fact that it didn't make my under eye area feel smooth, it felt sticky if anything. Also I needed to shake the tube a few times to get it to come out as a white cream, otherwise it just came out like water. I don't know if that means mine has gone bad, or if it was just a bad one that I got, but it was still a concern.
 
All in all I probably wouldn't recommend this eye cream, it was too sticky for me and the fact I didn't notice much difference, as well as the hastle to have to shake it for a while to get it to turn into a cream was a pain. It's a shame because I love Body Shop products normally, but this one is not for me.
 
If you do want to try this out for yourself it is avaliable
for £10.00
 
 
Any questions/comments please leave below.
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
 
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own, product bought myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment