Thursday 23 January 2014

Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow Duo - Raisins




Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow Duo - Raisins - £23.00
 
I know I can hear you all screaming at me, and I understand your pain, I know this is a discontinued product but I just love it so much I wanted to do a post on it. Also there is a similar version of this that has been released so i'll talk about that at the end to try and cheer you up a bit.
 
 
 
It was back at the beginning of 2013 when Tanya Burr and Zoella caused the Raisins eyeshadow duo to become one of the most wanted products, so many people wanted it, and I was definitely one of those people. I searched high and low trying to find this eyeshadow duo but it seemed to be going out of stock so quickly!
 
I luckily managed to find one online and by the next day it went out of stock so I guess I got there just in time.
 

I never thought i'd buy anything from Estee Lauder, I used to think it was too expensive and just too high end (well it still is to be fair) but I now think that if the product is special enough and I really, really, really want it then it is worth spending that extra money for such a luxurious item. You do feel like some kind of film star or something owning something so gorgeous!
 
The packaging is just to die for! Such beautiful gold and shiny casing, with the E and L inscribed on the front. It is the most high end product that I own and I really treasure it. The formula of these eyeshadows is amazing, you really are paying for the quality here.
They are very soft, easy to blend and well pigmented and last all day on the eyes without the need of a primer.
 
The colour swatches come out a lot differently from what the picture shows, I don't know why its done that, but the picture of the colours in the pan itself look more accurate. The left side is pink-champagne sort of colour (lead to believe a dupe for Naked Lunch by Mac) and the other side has more purple/burgundy tones to it than the brown that it looks like in the swatch. This colour is supposed to be similar to Sketch by Mac but I think it is a tad more brown than Sketch, personally.
 

I just love this eyeshadow duo so much, everything from the stunning packaging to the formula of the eyeshadows, the colour pay off. I also love the fact it is called Raisins!
These two colours look so good together and just go hand in hand.


Like I said at the beginning of the post this has been discontinued, but Estee Lauder have brought out their new Trios to replace the Duos and there is one in their range called Sterling Plums which is very similar, i'd even go as far as to say it's even nicer! If I had not been able to get the Raisins one in time then I would've gone for that one.
Just the extra £4.00 price tag isn't so nice.
 
The Eyeshadow trio in 'Sterling Plums' is 
avaliable at Boots
for £27.00
 
 
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own,
product bought myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment