Thursday 3 April 2014

Mac 'Blazing Haute' Extra Dimension Blush




























Mac Extra Dimension Blush 'Blazing Haute'

This blush was released as part of Mac's Extra Dimension Collection last year, and it is a Limited Edition product so I shouldn't really be talking about it really as you can't currently get hold of it. But Mac often re-release products that are part of Limited Edition collections, so don't be too sad as this could well come round again.

As you can see from the photo I have used this quite a bit, as the swirly pattern and the Mac imbossing on the top of the blush has worn away for the most part.
 
It is a lovely peachy colour, it is described by Mac as a 'dirty peach' colour which is pretty spot on, some describe it as having a slight shimmer/sheen to it and I can sort of see where they are coming from as it is quite glowy. What I will say is this is definitely not a matte blush, but almost like a satin finish. 
 
It is such a great colour for the spring and summer months in my opinion, and i've been wearing it a lot as this spring has rolled around, hence why i'm talking about it now.
 
The texture of this blush is the strangest i've come across, it is almost quite hard to the touch but it is pretty well pigmented, it is not powdery at all. I do find that I need a dense brush in able to pick up the right amount of product that I desire. The Real Techniques Expert Face Brush being my personal favourite for this blush, but other than that it works like a dream.
 
It has good colour pay off and it is one of the longest wearing blushes that I own, it'll last at least 7 hours on me, which is surprising as i've read other reviews on this very blush and most seem to say it lasts 5 or 6 hours. It must be my dry skin that makes it last longer.
 
This really is a great blush, and one I enjoy owning in my collection, and it was the first ever Mac blush that I got so it is a special one to me. I would get this again if it was re-released but i've never managed to finish a blush yet so we'll see. It is such a shame this isn't widely talked about, and even when the Extra Dimension Collection was released this was one of the least popular blushes, which I can't understand why but ah well each to their own.
 
Like I said this is a Limited Edition blush so I cannot link it for you, but if this crops up in a blog sale or it is re-released i'd encourage you to get it.
 
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
 
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own, product bought myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment