Wednesday 30 April 2014

April 2014 Favourites!




We’re already at the end of this month, I can’t quite believe it! I thought March went rather slowly but April has just zoomed by. Also the weather has got nicer (i've actually been wearing shorts!) and the nights are lighter too, oh I just love this time of year.
Anyway let's get on to my favourites.
I got the oil a long time ago and kept forgetting about it. But I’ve now put it near the area where I dry my hair and it reminds me to use it. I’ve been putting it on my damp/wet hair before I blow dry it and I’ve noticed a definite difference in my hair in that it is a lot less frizzy and more smooth after I’ve dried it. And most of all it has become very soft! I can’t believe I’ve neglected this for so long, but I won’t now I know how good it is.

 
Mac Cut a Caper Lipstick
 
I have really been feeling the peachy/coral makeup look, it must be the weather or just the feeling of spring in the air. But I gravitated back to one of my Mac lipsticks in the ever popular Cut a Caper. It's sadly a limited edition shade so you can't get your hands on it, but i'm sure it will pop up again in another collection at some point. It's a lovely pinky coral shade and great for spring and summer.
 
 
This is my newest addition to my lipstick collection, and I only got this midway through April but I've not worn much else. It's either been this or Cut a Caper. I've done a blog post about this lipstick if you want to check it out. But i've really enjoyed wearing this, such a lovely bright colour!
 
 
I've really neglected these blushes in the past year or so since i've got them, but i've dug them out of my makeup stash and started using them and i've been enjoying them. They are only avaliable in Superdrug stores and they are cheap blushes but they are very pigmented blushes and last well on my cheeks. Give them a go!

 
The last of my LUSH products that I got for Christmas in a giftset, but i've really loved it! A popular soap from LUSH which has a great caramel/honey scent. Just divine! It's not pictured above as I literally just finished it yesterday.
 
Estee Lauder Raisins Eyeshadow Duo - (review)
 
A discontinued product (weeps) but a gorgeous one that I can't leave ignored in my drawer. I have actually only been using the left side of this palette for some reason, maybe I prefer the more plum/wine colour for the autumn/winter but the shimmery champagne colour has been so nice to wear.
 


Random Favourites!
 
 
Well it has been Easter time, how can I not include an Easter themed Yankee Candle in my April favourites? :) A lovely white chocolate and vanilla, creamy sort of scent. If you want it, run and order it quickly before it goes off the website. Again this isn't pictured as I used up the jar this month and it went in the recycling last week.
 
 
Now I wouldn't call myself fashion conscious at all really, I go for comfort more than anything! Having said that i'm a big fan of tan accessories like bags and shoes, and I am always on the look out for some good wedges that aren't a ridiculous height! (As most are!) I don't know about you but I like to be able to walk in my shoes. I found these in New Look and love them, I wore them throughout the Easter weekend and when the weather has been nice outside i've worn them. I can tell they'll be my new summer favourite.

 
If you haven't heard of this film you must have been living under a rock for the last few months. Frozen was such a hyped up film, and I never got round to seeing it in the cinema, but my sister recently got it on DVD and I borrowed it off her and like everyone else it seems, I am in love with this film! Great animation, great characters, great story and the songs! Oh the songs! Just please watch it if you haven't already.
 
 
What were your April 2014 Favourites?
 
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own, products bought myself

No comments:

Post a Comment