Tuesday 15 April 2014

Natural Collection Lipsticks

Natural Collection Lipsticks - £1.99
 
Natural Collection are a brand I was never really drawn to that much in the past, I never used to hear much about them and as they are a Boots exclusive only brand, and if you're not near a Boots then you wouldn't be able to get hold of anything, so that is a slight negative. But having looked into Natural Collection a bit more in the last few years I am growing to really like them.
 
One of the things I absolutely love about Natural Collection is the price point. For example each of these lipsticks is £1.99, which is such a bargain and especially for people on a budget. These are perfect for maybe teenagers or students, or just people who don't want to spend a load of money on make-up but want decent products. Their 3 for £5.00 deal they always have on in Boots is not to be ignored.
 
I also like the clean white packaging design that they have across all their products, but you can tell they are cheap and I suppose you get what you pay for. You can hear the lipstick rattling in the tube and the twisty bit at the bottom can be too stiff too, as is the case for one of these lipsticks that I have pictured, and then on the other one the twisty bit is too loose. But it doesn't matter too much, the fact that they are so cheap makes up for it I suppose.
 
 The two colours that I have here are Sorbet which is the peachy colour and Rose Bud which is the pinky colour which a hint of gold shimmer in it too. I would describe Rose Bud as a slight front finish but not overly frosty at all, it's not that noticeable. And the Sorbet colour I would describe as a lustre sort of sheer finish. As you can see i've worn these quite a bit and the top of the lipsticks look rather strange! They do look like normal lipsticks when you buy them, honest.
 
Rose Bud is more pigmented and get a good colour pay off pretty easily, whereas it takes longer to build up a good colour with the Sorbet one as it is sheer like I said. Nevertheless they are both very moisturising and comfortable to wear and they actually last pretty well on the lips, a good four hours or so, especially when it comes to Rose Bud. I'd recommend Rose Bud over Sorbet personally just because of the lack of pigmentation that Sorbet gives.
 

 
If you are looking for a good lipstick from the drugstore/high street I would definitely consider going and taking a look at the Natural Collection lipsticks, for the price they are very good and the range of colours is very decent too. They are very much overlooked products and deserve more love than I think they get.
 
I couldn't find a direct link to the lipsticks on the Boots website, but i've put a link to the Natural Collection range as a whole instead.
 
 
 
 
 

Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
 
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own, products bought myself

No comments:

Post a Comment