Wednesday 5 March 2014

Maybelline Color Show Brocades 'Knitted Gold' Nail Polish

Maybelline Color Show Brocades 'Knitted Gold' Nail Polish -  £3.99
 
I don't normally get involved in hype over a certain colour of nail polish, even when certain brands are hyped I don't typically gravitate towards them when new colours come out for limited edition collections for example, this was even this case for this very nail polish that i'm going to talk about today and that is the Maybelline Color Show Brocades Nail Polish in the colour Knitted Gold.
 
I remember, I think it was essiebutton, talking about this colour and I think one or two other youtubers and bloggers talked about it and at the time I wasn't really that interested. As nail polish isn't my favourite type of beauty product I didn't think much of it but I did think it was pretty from what I had seen of it.
 
 When purusing the Boots makeup stands at the end of January I saw the Color Show Brocades nail polishes in the middle of the Maybelline stand, highlighting them as new products and I spotted this one and looked at it and realised just how pretty this actually is. In the light is just looks gorgeous with the gold and rose gold flecks of glitter coming through. I liked it enough in Boots that I got it, and for under a fiver it was hardly going to break the bank.
 
I quite like the packaging of the bottles, they are very similar to Models Own but just a bit slimmer and I like it a lot. The actual formula surprised me too, it went on very smoothly and the brush is very decent! I've never tried a Maybelline nail polish before so I didn't know what to expect when it came to the brush, the brush of a nail polish can make it or break it for me when it comes to the whole nail polish as a whole and this brush gets a big thumbs up from me.
 
 Apologies for my very short nails, they look so awful!
 
Using my usual top and base coat, this nail polish lasted a week without chipping and the 
colour pay off was great, it wasn't an opaque glitter but not far off. I got the desired look in two coats, easily.
 
I'd consider buying more Maybelline polishes again, maybe not anymore Brocades shades as none of the others caught my eye but as far as formula, price and wear time on these were concerned it's a winner for me from Maybelline.
 
 
 
 
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 


 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own,
product bought myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment