Monday 18 November 2013

Mac Simmer Blush

Mac Mineralise Blush in 'Simmer'
 
I'm a self confessed blush addict and I thought it's high time I shared one of my favourites in my collection.
 
When I first got into Mac, all I ever really focused my attention on was their lipsticks, but then I started looking into their other products and came across their blushes. Weirdly, I don't own any of their blushes from the permanent line, i've had a look but none seem to really jump out at me.
 
Mac are always bringing out new collections, I both love and hate this. I love it because they bring new beautiful things for us all to drool over, and also they often re-promote limited editions products every once in a while, which is great if you missed a particular product you wanted the first time around. I also hate the collections because my bank balance takes a beating. But some times it's very worth it.
 
 
This Mineralise Blush was released with the Tropical Taboo collection back in the summer of this year. I try to keep an eye on the Mac Collections and a lot of the time I don't purchase anything. When this collection came out I wasn't all that interested either, however when I saw the swatches of this blush in particular I knew I had to have it.
 
I went to the Mac counter in Debenhams and swatched it for myself and loved it, and I managed to get the last one they had!
It must have been fate :)

 
As you can see in the pan, there is a burgundy wine colour on the one side and a sort of peachy gold colour on the other. From the look of it you may think this is something that someone with a pale skintone, like myself, could not pull off, but with a light hand this looks stunning!
 
I've swatched the two colours individually and the larger swatch is of them blended together. The reason I love this, is that to me it looks like a darker version of Nars Orgasm, almost like a raspberry gold sort of colour. That kind of pinky gold blush is my favourite kind, and this would look amazing for a night out, but i've worn this in the daytime with no problem.

 
When I look at these colours it reminds me of a sunset in the height of summer, or also beautiful red and gold autumn leaves and just autumnal colours in general. This blush is so transitional, i'd wear it both in summer and then going into autumn and winter.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this blush is no longer avaliable. But if you keep an eye on ebay and blog sales then it may crop up somewhere. And as I said before, Mac often re-promote their products so I wouldn't be surprised if this popped up again in another collection, seeing how popular it was the first time round.
 
Any comments/questions please leave in the comments below.
 
Love
Amy
xxx
 
 
 
***DISCLAIMER***
All views/opinions are my own. Product bought myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment